In ‘The Reason For God‘, Timothy Keller offers an explanation why we should believe in God which we recommend for both non-believers and those who are skeptical of the Christian faith. Keller’s second book, ‘The Prodigal God’ focuses on Jesus’ best known parable to reveal an unexpected message of hope and salvation. This book will challenge both the devout and skeptics to see Christianity in a whole new way.
After the publication of his first book, The Reason For God, Timothy Keller was heralded by Newsweek as the ‘C.S. Lewis for the twenty-first century’. In this concise and engaging book, The Prodigal God, Keller reveals the heart of the gospel message that Jesus brought to us through the parable of the prodigal son. Within that parable, Jesus reveals God’s grace toward both the irreligious and the moralistic. Keller effectively provides an encouragement for skeptics to be like the younger son by turning to the loving father who welcomes all who come to him. Truly, The Prodigal God is an excellent book presenting of the gospel message and God’s extravagant grace for skeptics.
- “In our culture there seems to be a growing philosophy that their are only two paths to choose from; loose yourself in sensuality or find yourself in piety. The Prodigal God gives us the only path which leads us to the “home” our hears long for – the pathway of grace.” – L. Spousta, Amazon Review
- “This book really calls one to the heart of Jesus; to make that the basis of our life inside and out.” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “Ultimately this book points to Christ. Many books try to be a substitute or a better version than the original Gospel, but not this one. I believe the Holy Spirit led the writing of this book to effectively remove age old blinders that have prevented seeing the Parable of the two sons as it was truly told by Jesus.” – C. Brummett
- “The Prodigal God provides a deep look into the sins of the “elder brother” and takes the reader to a place of understanding the deep need of a Savior for those who work so hard at being “good”. – Vicky, Amazon Review
- “This book helped me through a difficult time, and I recommend for those who are seeking faith, and/or reassurance.” – S. Berger
ISBN 1594484023, 176 pages, Publisher – Riverhead Trade