If you have questions or serious doubts about the Bible, McDowell and Sterrett’s ‘Is the Bible True… Really?’ is an excellent resource that can provide you with an easy-to-understand arguments for the reliability of the Holy Scripture. Recommended for agnostics or a skeptics.
The Coffeehouse Chronicles by Josh McDowell and Dave Sterrett is a series of short, easily devoured novellas aimed at answering prevalent spiritual questions and seeks to foster a dialogue on skepticism, evidence, and truth. Each book in the series tackles a long-contested question of the faith, and then answer these questions with truth through relationships and dialogue in each story. Is the Bible True… Really?: A Dialogue on Skepticism, Evidence, and Truth is part of the Coffeehouse Chronicles that talks about the authenticity and authority of the Bible. Short and fictional (but realistic and likable), it tells the journey of Nick, a college freshman at a state school in Texas, from doubt to skepticism and then to faith as he discovers the trustworthiness of the Bible with the help of Jamal, a graduate from Dallas Theological Seminary. Quick read and easy-to-understand, this novella provides the historical proof of the New Testament. Recommended to anyone who wants a summary of arguments for authenticity of the Bible.
- “After reading this book myself I have given it several others, mostly college freshmen, who have told me that it opened their eyes to all the evidence supporting the reliability of the Bible. ” – D. Hess, Amazon Review
- “I think this book possibly changed my life and spiritual journey! I have so much more confidence and understanding in faith and all! Exactly what I’ve been looking for!” – Lyndsey, Goodreads
- “This book does a good job in pointing you in the right direction in the quest for truth.” – Kim, Amazon Review
- “Josh McDowell has a flair for drilling down to absolute truth while at the same time wooing non-Christians in with real life dialogue.” – T. Robbins, Amazon Review
- “Short, quick read about whether the Bible can be a trusted source.” – Lisa, Goodreads
ISBN 0802487661, 144 pages, Publisher – Moody Publishers