Thoroughly engaging and inspiring, Undaunted is the amazing story of Josh McDowell and the power of God’s redeeming love. Josh’s story will speak to anyone who has ever turned away from a God they thought was cruel. Also an excellent book for victims of childhood sexual abuse.
Many are familiar with Josh McDowell (Author, More Than a Carpenter, Is The Bible True… Really? ) as a speaker and an evangelist. In Undaunted: One Man’s Real-Life Journey from Unspeakable Memories to Unbelievable Grace, Josh opens up his heart and let the readers witness his life shaped by neglect and abuse. Josh was born to an alcoholic father and live in a loveless home except for what little his mother was able to provide. He was molested by the family farm aid and he endured it for years. His difficult circumstances led him to conclusion that he was the most God-forsaken person in the world at age eleven and he started to believe that God wasn’t there at all. While in college, he harassed a group of Christians who challenged him to prove that the Resurrection of Jesus Christ never happened. Instead, what he finds are evidences that completely supports the Bible and eventually Josh surrenders his life to God and he become a Christian. Along the way, Josh learned to forgive his parents and even the man who sexually abused him for years. Undaunted is the dramatic story of Josh’s spiritual transformation when he faces his past and puts everything entirely in God hands.
- “This is a tremendous story of a person who has come through repeated adversity with an understanding of how God will use our struggles to not only grow our characters and change us into someone he can use but to help others going through similar situations. It was also a great reminder that it doesn’t matter how far you seem to have strayed from Him or whether you’ve given up on Him, we have a relentless Savior who will patiently wait for your return. Great read for Christians and non-Christians.” – T. Klinesmith, Amazon Review
- “The story itself is incredible and it brought me back to my own decision to follow Christ. I was deeply touched at the end of the book while reading a particular display of God’s grace in an answer to one of McDowell’s “impossible prayers.” I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great story to read or who might even be skeptical about the validity of Christianity, the Bible, or Jesus as a resurrected Savior. ” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “The book provides good insight on a skeptic’s point of view and his search for the truth – asking some questions we probably all have asked at one time or another, and his commitment in searching out answers to them. And most importantly realizing sometimes we simply need to walk into the arms of God based solely upon faith.” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great story to read or who might even be skeptical about the validity of Christianity, the Bible, or Jesus as a resurrected Savior.” – A. Walker, Goodreads
- “Whether you’re a believer or not, you will enjoy this book as it takes you through the life of one man who, despite having endured such shame, grief and despair, was able to find peace through God’s love, mercy and grace with a faith that is “undaunted”. Anonymous, Amazon Review