Through collecting strong evidences that backs up the belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the historical reliability of the New Testament, Lee Stroebel’s The Case for Christ is a highly compelling book that we recommend for skeptics and agnostics.
The Case for Christ: A Journalist’s Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus chronicles Lee Strobel’s spiritual journey from atheism to faith. Living as a devout atheist, his world turned upside down when his wife suddenly became a Christian. As months passed, Lee saw the positive changes in his wife and he was attracted to it. This made Lee check out Christianity. Using his journalism training and legal training, he started an investigation and eventually found the truth about the history’s most compelling figure. The Case for Christ is a remarkable book consists primarily of interviews between Lee Strobel and a dozen of biblical scholars. Each interview provides an answer to questions like: How reliable is the New Testament? Does evidence for Jesus exist outside the Bible? Is there any reason to believe the resurrection was an actual event? This book in excellent resource both for believers and non-believers and most especially for people who are struggling with questions about Jesus Christ.
- “If I were an atheist and had only one day to live, I would spend it reading this book. I was an atheist five days ago. I picked it up out of boredom, only to finish it the same day with no doubt that Jesus did exist, that He was the Son of God, and that accepting these two facts insured my salvation!” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “This book did change my life. This book was, for me, the most important I read at the time because it gave me courage to face the possibility that Jesus is Christ and that I, someone slowly converting from atheism, could decide to take that “leap of faith.”. – Jessi, Amazon Review
- “I came to this book as a very skeptical, non-practicing agnostic Jew and who was raised with a religious education and fresh from my reading CS Lewis’ Mere Christianity. Lewis helped me see that the existence of God logically made sense but I did not know *which* version of a monotheistic God was correct. Strobel’s book answered my questions regarding history/fact as it related to the New Testament. My ultimate conversion came through study of these and other source.” Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “I shared this book with an agnostic friend (a former Christian) who had his faith revitalized after reading the book!” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “Lee’s unbiased and thorough research provided me the evidence about the Truth of life and I pass this onto others who are searching for the Truth!” -J. Dovel, Amazon Review
- “I have given out many copies of this book to non believers of Jesus as God. This book has been especially effective to the highly educated because it wipes out argumentative discussions with a fact building case. ” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
ISBN 0310209307, 297 pages, Publisher – Zondervan