‘Can Man Live Without God’ gives a short but very powerful defense for the Christian faith. Whether you approach this book as a skeptic, an agnostic or an atheist, how you answer the questions of God’s existence will impact your everyday lives. An excellent read for earnest seeker and skeptics.
In Can Man Live Without God, Ravi Zacharias (Author, The End of Reason) provides a very powerful list of evidences for the existence of God and defends the validity and divinity of the Christian faith through the use of pure logic. Using the materials from his lectures presented at Harvard and Ohio State Universities, this book is a feast for both the heart and the mind. Can Man Live Without God divulge on the philosophical and existential inadequacy of atheism. It also defends the reality of man’s longing for meaning and provide answers for it and at the same time demonstrate the plausibility and coherency of the Christian worldview. Moreover, this book was awarded with the Gold Medallion Book Award in the category of doctrine and theology in 1994. Encouragingly short, Ravi writes to the point of the matter regarding issues on the existence of God.
- “This book is written for those who are avowedly anti-theistic as well as those ‘who functionally live as if there were no God and his existence does not matter. And if If one is interested in looking at issues such as the meaning of life and the other big questions, this is a great place to start.” – S. Peek, Amazon Review
- “This book reveals the truth about God through Christ. Also, Dr.Zacharias makes an effective attempt to answer questions such as ‘Does God exist? If so, what does it mean to me? Is there such a thing as an absolute truth? Is so, how can we know it?'” – D. Keating, Amazon Review
- “Ravi Zacharias accomplishes what he set out to do in this book by showing areas where Atheism is lacking and Christ offers help.” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “This book is a great eye-opener. His passionate arguments and his cosmopolitan approach help us escape our egocentric clean-room worldview.” -D. Cortes, Amazon Review
- “A must read for the honest skeptic and for Christians who encounter honest skeptics.” – Anonymous, Amazon Review
- “Here, Ravi dissects the atheistic world-view, effectively displaying its emptiness and inherent contradictions and offering why the Christian world-view is the only one that makes sense. I would highly recommend this book for atheists/agnostics or those who are seeking. Also, for Christian’s who want to know more about why Christianity is a faith that makes sense experientially, empirically and existentially.” – Robert, Goodreads
- “The audience for this book is those who do not follow the God of Israel, yet he is arguing for theism and the God of Israel specifically.” – Paul, Goodreads
- “Can Man Live Without God” by Ravi Zacharias deals with a lot of the philosophical barriers which face many of the modern intellectuals. Great for age range from Sr High School students all the way through adulthood. Challenging in the same sense as CS Lewis works (especially “Mere Christianity”) while being a little easier to wrap your head around.” – J. Allen