The End of Reason is a polite and compelling response against Sam Harris and his books that calls on people to leave their faith behind. Book recommended for those who are aware or those believe with the new atheism arguments as well as for seekers who are looking for a reasonable response to the loud voice of new atheist.
Written by Ravi Zacharias (Author of Jesus Among Other Gods and Walking From East to West), ‘The End of Reason: A Response to the New Atheist’ provides a rational and sincere arguments against the claims made by Sam Harris and his fellow atheists such as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens. In the book, Zacharias exposes the flawed logic and reason behind new atheist arguments while providing a powerful and passionate case for the irrefutably sound set of arguments for Christian thought. Quick read (with only 144 pages), this book give hope to reach out to readers who know and follow God as well as to those who reject God.
- “I found this book encouraging and refreshing — encouraging, because it fed my desire to not only believe but to believe for good reason, and refreshing because of its brevity and coolheadedness. What perhaps encouraged me most about the book is the overwhelming tone of reasonableness that Zacharias maintains throughout. Never once does he stoop to the level of crassness and vitriol demonstrated by polemicists like Harris. Instead, Zacharias proves by his own example the kind of peace and fulfillment of which atheism is devoid and only faith can bring. This book is a beautifully clear-headed respite from the current trend of “flame-war” argumentation.” – J.Poss, Amazon Review
- “I feel this will great book will end some of the false claims against Christianity and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Anonymous, Barnes and Noble
- “I think this book will help me as I need answers for some of my family members who claimed to be atheists and agnostics.” – V. Gupton, Christian Book
- “This book makes Sam Harris look like a total fool and an embarrassment to any respectable atheist. The author easily dismantles every argument of Sam Harris because of his impressive knowledge of many religions and atheistic worldview.” – Mistye, Goodreads
- “An intelligent response that exposes the bankruptcy of reason coming from the new atheists.The author is very familiar with the world’s major religions, and has a background in philosophy and logic as well. He was an atheist himself as a young man, and brings a unique perspective to the table.” – B. MacFarland, Amazon Review