Thin Places is Mary DeMuth’s spiritual memoir that traces her life growing up in a broken home – her pain after being sexually abused at a very early age and how she discovers healing in the loving presence of Jesus Christ. In this book, Mary shares ‘the winding path of thin places in her life, places where she experienced longing and healing more intensely than before. The author also offers the readers the opportunity to examine their lives, highlighting different areas where we least expected God; struggles where we are most vulnerable and in pain and how God will discover and meet us in those places.
- “Mary reveals herself in ways that I don’t know that I could and in doing so, she shows the way to a deep and personal relationship with our Lord. Through her experiences, I can now see how Jesus was near to me in those thin places.” H. McLaughlin, Amazon Review
- “This is the bittersweet truth that Mary’s book reveals to me. God innately fills us with this deep longing she calls the daddy-hole, a longing He could fill.” L. Blevins, Amazon Review
- “This book doesn’t leave the reader saddened but ignite a flame of hope that redemption and salvation awaits for those who continue to live and take part in life.” V. Brown, Amazon Review
- “Mary’s memoir, “Thin Places” will touch the core of your heart. I am richly blessed to see someone share which a powerful testimony with hopes that it will help bring someone healing.” K. Hill, Amazon Review
- “When I turned the final page of Thin Places, I felt a renewed sense of God bigger than the bullies in this life.” Mesu, Goodreads
Thin Places are snatches of time, moments really when we sense God intersecting our world in tangible, unmistakable ways. It will usher people who have the same struggles as Mary had in finding true healing and how Jesus can set them free.
ISBN 031028418X, 224 pages, Publisher – Zondervan