‘Saved Me From Myself’ and ‘Washed By Blood’ are excellent books for those who want to help people who are suffering from drug and alcohol addiction and depression. (Washed By Blood is an excellent book to give to youth-at-risk)
Brian ‘Head’ Welch is the former lead guitarist in Korn, an American heavy metal rock band that won numerous music awards, lived in a very luxurious lifestyle, had millions of dollars in the bank and legions of die-hard fans not just in the United States but around the world. Head made headlines when he announced that he was quitting his band and shared how Jesus saved him and found the right path. It surprised his bandmates while fans were left baffled how someone can just walk away from prestige, riches and fame. For those who would like to know his story, Head wrote two books, “Save me From Myself”(Head’s first book and New York Times Bestseller) and “Washed by Blood” (another version for young adult readers) where he chronicled his life from his troubled childhood, his life in Korn to finding salvation in Christ. Head shares the lies that fame and fortune had brought him, his hopelessness while fighting addictions to alcohol, methamphetamines and other narcotics and moments where he contemplated that suicide is the only answer to all his problems. Both book talks about his battles depression, addictions, anger and suicide and how he found freedom in God’s unconditional love and grace. Moreover, it is Head’s account of the triumphs, hardships and the healing power of Jesus. Head’s memoir is an inspirational demonstration that God is always there to save even the most troubled souls.
- “I had about 18 years of addiction that resulted from unforeseen tragedies and disappointments. My mother gave me this book (Save Me from Myself) and found direction a strength in Welch’s story. He showed me that life could be better and took my first step to a drug-free life. I have found peace and happiness.” N. Donkersloot, Amazon Review
- “I recommend this book (Washed by Blood) for any non-believer especially teens and young adults who struggle with belief and/or drugs and alcohol.” K. Coke, Amazon Review
- “After reading Brian’s book (Washed by Blood), I learned something very real and very powerful: believe and have faith immediately!”
- “This book (Washed by Blood) inspired me spiritually and I am still reaping the benefits of hearing what Brian had to say.”
- Brian’s detailed account has opened my mind to the infamous yet misunderstood life of rock and roll. I was thoroughly inspired by his decision to change and the strength that it took to do so.
S. Dyer, Amazon
Save Me From Myself (ISBN 0061431648, 240pages, Publisher – HarperOne)
Washed by Blood (ISBN 0061555800, 224pages, Publisher – HarperOne)