‘Gunning for God’ is an excellent book to give to your discerning unbelieving relatives and friends. Reading this book will not only give them a detailed rebuttal of the new atheist claims but will also provide them an equally detailed defense of the Christian faith.
Written by popular Christian apologist and scientist, John Lennox, Gunning for God: Why the New Atheists are Missing the Target deals with the arguments of the New Atheists and points out some of the most glaring fallacies in their approach. John Lennox, Professor of Mathematics at Oxford University, is a renowned speaker on the interface of science, philosophy and religion, He has been part of numerous public debates defending the Christian faith against new atheist, including debates with Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Michael Shermer and Peter Singer. This book is a product of those debates. Providing a logically sound, and profoundly credible arguments, Lennox exposes the flaws of their irrational, unscientific methodology. An excellent read for believers and atheists alike.
- “After reading both Richard Dawkins’ The God Delusion and this response recently, I have to conclude that Lennox is winning this fascinating discussion.” – S. Driscoll, Amazon Review
- “This book is a must for unbelievers. This book provides real intellectual argument that proves God exists.” – Pedro, Amazon Review
- “This is the best and most complete rebuke of the new atheists’ arguments that I have read.” – Taylor, Amazon Review
- “…Lennox handles the gospel well, even leading me through tears and laughter in that chapter–no small feat for a book on apologetics! The reader is confronted with the historical person of Jesus Christ and the response he demands is pressed.” – J. Harris, Amazon Review
- “Gunning For God highlights the fallacious and unscientific nature of the the new atheists arguments, showing their approach to religious criticism to be no more than ridicule, mockery, and misrepresentation.” – Spellman, Amazon Review
- “This book is very easy to read and offers many excellent reasons to be a Christian and there are no good reasons to stay in unbelief.” – Cam, Amazon Review
- ” The book ends by a strong apologetic about the reliability of the bible, the person of Jesus and historicity of the resurrection.” – F. Peters, Goodreads