For eight years, Abby Johnson worked with Planned Parenthood, a pro-choice organization, believing that she shares the same goal of helping women who are in crisis. She started her career as a volunteer and rising through the ranks and eventually becoming a director of the biggest facility in Texas. It was after witnessing an ultrasound-guided abortion that changed her life. Her resignation and changed of heart when she joined Coalition for Life, a pro-life organization, shook Planned Parenthood’s world as well as hit pro-choice activists right between the eyes.
Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader’s Eye-Opening Journey across the Life Line is Abby Johnson interesting and gripping story of her years working with Planned Parenthood to becoming a volunteer in Coalition for Life. It also tells the readers her own abortion history and her own conversion to Christianity where she found the apparent joy upon leaving her old life behind. Undoubtedly, many Pro-life will celebrate her story as a victory but this book is more than changing sides in the abortion battle. Unplanned, as a spiritual biography offers the readers a story of hope, forgiveness and acceptance that can only be found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
What does readers are saying about this book?
Unplanned is not just a book that celebrates Abby’s conversion from being pro-choice to a woman who fight for the right of unborn babies to live. The word ‘abortion’ polarizes people – it divides people who are for it or against it. ‘Unplanned’ offers its’ readers to think and challenge what they believe in, be on the side of pro-abortion, pro-life or those who are somewhere in the middle.
- “Unplanned shows us both sides: an inside look by someone who has been on each side of that fence” -P. Barrett, Goodreads
In this gripping story, Abby also shares her life when she worked at Planned Parenthood. Readers will discover stories and secrets behind these pro-choice organizations and how they work. For those who are curious with what pro-choice groups believe and what’s behind the clinics that promote it, you definitely cannot afford to miss Unplanned
- “This is truly a thought provoker and/or eye-opener to the true evil that abortion is and the deceptiveness (evil) of Planned Parenthood.” -Tabby, Amazon Review
- “…this book was eye-opening and I love that there is reference in the back so that I can look up source material that supports her [Abby’s] assertions.” -J. Fleming, Amazon Review
- “Some of the insider information about the reality of Planned Parenthood had me in tears. I could not believe that I had been so blind to what they really do inside these clinics.” -scruggle from GA, Amazon Review
- “Abby’s story is a testament to God’s awesome power to transform lives and create beauty from ashes. It affirmed my faith in the power of prayer and how showing God’s love to the broken and hurting can change the world.” –Heather B, Amazon Review4
- “…much more than just another “pro-life” book, it is Abby’s ongoing conversion from Christian in name only, to a deep, personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. After I read it, I got on my knees and thanked the Lord for her incredible witness. May this book be a vehicle to reach the hearts and minds of all who need to know or be reminded of the deep, abiding healing, forgiveness and eternal love of God.” –B. Daniel, Amazon Revie
Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader’s Eye-Opening Journey across the Life Line is Abby Johnson’s compelling story of what God can do in your life. This book is also a reminder of how we can all reach out with love to those who stands on the opposite side.
ISBN 1414339402, 288 pages, Publisher – Tyndale Momentum