Castaway Kid: One Man’s Search for Hope and Home is an inspiring and spiritually uplifting story that chronicles the life of author R.B. (Rob) Mitchell who spent nearly his entire childhood in an American orphanage. In this book, Rob shares his journey how the power of unconditional love and forgiveness redeemed his life and healed his pain and brokenness. Rob was only 3 years old when his mother abandoned him and left him in Covenant Children’s Home. As Rob grew up, he struggles to find love and acceptance in a world that seems to reject him. Despite all this, he found all that he is looking for in his life in God. And Rob was able to overcome his past and he forgave the people who abandoned him. Rob’s journey is heartbreaking yet inspiring and offers hope that no matter what your background and wound as a child, our God will help and heal them in order to live a victorious life in Him.
- “This story really brought some healing to my own life even though I have never related to being abandoned by my parents. The way he wrestled with God for years is how this book ministered to me.” Lynnsy, Goodreads
- “It will open ones eyes about themselves and others.”
- “This book is a must read for all “at risk kids”. It is a wonderful book and a real eye opener for any age.” – L. Habegger, Amazon Review
- “This is one of the most compelling and inspiring books I have been privileged to read and I intend to order copies to be able to give to hurting individuals who have suffered the pain of rejection.” – S. Ravenel, Amazon Review
- “My brother and I were adopted and I have hurt my parents so much with my anger, rebelliousness and hate. I knew in my heart that God could never use me, but when I read this book, this brought me hope for a better life and that God can even use people like me. This book truly changed my life.”